Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Living Abundantly!

Teri, a servant of Christ Jesus,
To the saints at Grace Chapel, my faithful sisters in Christ Jesus: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Didn't Paul have a magnificent way of beginning a letter? Although, my greeting is slightly different, it's modeled after Paul's, and filled with the same affection for you that he possessed for his fellow believers. Of course, he wrote his letter from a gloomy prison cell in Rome, while I sit in the comfort of my air conditioned family room, surrounded by the love of my family and dogs. As I consider his conditions, I am moved by his steadfast love and commitment to Jesus, his fellow believers and in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I can't wait to plunge into God's word as we study the book of Ephesians! Are you as excited as I am?

We will be going through the book Living Abundantly, A Study In Ephesians by Lenya Heitzig and Penny Pierce Rose.




As you can see, the cover is darling and it very much appeals to my femininity! I know that seems superficial, but I really like the soft yellow background, the huge pink flower with the yellow center (although it could use a smiley face), the well-manicured, green lawn (I'm a desert dweller...green grass impresses me!), the 50's style blue dress with the empire waist (it's "oh-so-flattering"), the retro Dolly shoes complete with ankle strap, peep-toe and 5" stacked heels! And, just look at that gorgeous long flowing hair!

Yep, it's an adorable cover. But, the really good stuff...it's inside...where we will find abundant life through the Living Word of God! Please join us, it won't be the same without you!

WOW ~ Women of the Word, Women's Bible Study is starting up in 15 Days! Busy schedule? (of course, we're women!) No problem! You have your choice between attending the morning or evening study.

When: Wednesday, September 10
Time: 9:00 AM & 7:00 PM
Where: Fellowship Hall A-B


Fall Kickoff Celebration!

When: Wednesday, September 10
Time: 6-8:30 PM
Where: Behind the Fellowship Hall for Food, Fun and Fellowship! Bring your own chair!

Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. (Ephesians 6:24)

Your Sister in Christ,
Teri

P.S. We would love to hear from you. You're welcome to join in the "conversation" by leaving a comment.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Teri,
What a wonderful invitation to Bible study! Your excitement is contagious! I'm praying the Lord will be glorified as we apply what we'll learn from Ephesians.

Anonymous said...

Teri,
You are precious. I thank God for your creative ability and your heart for the ladies...and for me! Oh, I guess I am a lady too--but you know what I mean!

May God be glorified through our study this season! May we all grow in relationship with our Precious Savior and live changed lives!

To God be the glory for the things He has already done in our lives and for what He is going to do this year!! I can't wait to see it! I can't wait to experience our AMAZING God more and more!

Erin Green said...

Cute new skin on this site!! Enjoy your studu through Ephesians. Some of our ladies are doing her Live Intimately study (Upper Room Discourse). Good Stuff!!!